Dr. Mercedes E. Gonzalez, M.D. presents a lecture on Vascular Lesions in Children as part of the 2016 Masters of Pediatric Dermatology Conference that took place on February 13, 2016 in Miami Beach, Florida. Dr. Gonzalez reviews the terminology and updated classification of vascular tumors and provides an update on infantile hemangiomas and available treatments. Lastly Dr. Gonzalez provides an update on expanding the use of sirolumus in the management of vascular anomalies.
- Vascular tumors, cellular hyperplasia
- Growth: Vascular malformations, error during embryo development, present at birth
- Infantile hemangioma
- Identifying high risk IH by location and morphology
- Propranolol: efficacy and safety data for IH
- Efficacy of Timolol for superficial & ulcerated IH
- Highly effective treatment for complicated vascular anomalies