17TH ANNUAL SOUTH BEACH SYMPOSIUM
FEBRUARY 7-10, 2018
MIAMI BEACH, FL
With rapid growth in the healthcare sectors of both dermatology and aesthetics, SBS is designed to provide an agenda rooted in clinical expertise and experience: developed and created by authoritative experts and clinicians. The conference offers four days of comprehensive education for healthcare professionals and practitioners focused on clinical and aesthetic dermatology, with the opportunity for attendees to learn transferrable skills, clinically current pearls, and exclusive & cutting-edge techniques.
This symposium is designed for an audience of physicians, nurses and professional staff members of medical practices specializing in dermatology, pediatric dermatology, plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery and other dermatologic medical procedures.
Upon completion of the educational activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe individualized treatment regimens for patients with acne based on evidence-based guidelines
- Identify recent advances in the treatment of actinic keratosis that have high levels of patients’ satisfaction, decreased treatment duration, and fewer side-effects
- List the appropriate filler agent to target specific patient characteristics in order to treat different areas of the face and targeted planar depths
- Compare the efficacy and safety of agents, devices, and techniques currently available in aesthetic dermatology
- Understand hormones associated with aging in both males and females and the symptoms of hormone decline
- Understand estrogen, Estrone, Estradiold-E2, Estriol-E3, Progestins, Progesterone
- Understand the needs for Hormone Replacement Therapy and the effects of different therapies on the body
- Discuss individualized treatment plans for pediatric and adult patients with moderate-to-severe AD based on current guideline recommendations for AD, the safety and efficacy of new and emerging treatment options, comorbidities, and patient quality of life
- Identify strategies to improve adherence to AD treatment strategies and assess the effects of treatment on patient QOL
CHRONIC IDIOPATHIC URTICARIA
- Compare evidence-based treatment regimens for chronic idiopathic urticaria
- Causes of hair loss – the etiology and diagnoses
- Understand the multifactorial pathophysiology of hair loss
- Evaluate current and emerging malignant melanoma therapies according to mechanism of action, clinical safety efficacy, and recommended usage
- Describe the mechanisms of action and efficacy data on new and emerging treatments for onychomycosis
- Identify practice management tools, business strategies, and compliance issues for successfully maintaining and growing a medical practice
- Evaluate treatment strategies for moderate-to-severe psoriasis based on an understanding of psoriasis as a systemic immune-mediated disease
- List appropriate treatment strategies for patients with rosacea based on individualized patient care
- Explain individualized treatment regimens for patients with wounds, taking into consideration evidence-based guidelines, wound severity and type, the efficacy of combination therapies, patient age, and patient skin type
CRITERIA FOR SUCCESS
Statements of credit will be awarded based on the participant's attendance and submission of the activity evaluation form. A statement of credit will be available upon completion of an online evaluation/claimed credit form at www.southbeachsymposium.org. You must participate in the entire activity to receive credit. There If you have questions about this CME/CE activity, please contact AKH Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CME/CE Credit provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and Tarsus Cardio dba South Beach Symposium. AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare designates this live activity for a maximum of 19.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME.
AKH, Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity is awarded 19.5 Contact Hours.
Activity is jointly-provided by AKH Inc., Advancing Knowledge in Healthcare and Tarsus Cardio dba South Beach Symposium
Full notification of commercial support will be provided in the final course syllabus.
* Please note the agenda, faculty and CME/CE hours are subject to change